SOU departments that occupy space at Britt Hall are being temporarily relocated, primarily to accommodate seismic and mechanical upgrades to the building. The OHSU nursing program is also investing in a complete renovation and modernization of its simulation labs, classrooms and support areas in Britt’s lower level.
Abatement and some demolition work will begin in February, with an anticipated completion date of Fall 2022 for the entire project.
Affected departments are in the process of being relocated to other accommodations around campus:
- The Service Center moved Dec. 2-5 to the first and second floors of Susanne Homes west wing; contracting, purchasing, student employment, university travel, support specialist functions and paycheck distribution services will be provided at the new location.
- The Service Center accounting unit will remain in Britt Hall until it joins Business Services at Room 154 of Churchill Hall on Jan. 2
- OHSU nursing moved Dec. 2-6 to Cascade Hall; services transferred to the new location Dec. 9
- The academic Department of Communication is moving Dec. 16-19 to a modular facility east of the Digital Media Center on Webster Street; services are transferring to the new location Dec. 23
- The Admissions Department is moving Dec. 23-24 to the Stevenson Union Access Center, below the SOU Bookstore; services are transferring to the new location Dec. 30
- The Enrollment Services Center is moving Jan. 20-24 to the Computer Services East Building; services are transferring to the new location Jan. 27
Signage and a map will be posted outside Britt Hall to help direct traffic to the new locations of the various offices.
Britt Hall was the second building on campus – following Churchill –when it was built in 1937.