President Linda Schott announced today that the winners of SOU’s 2021 Outstanding Staff Awards are Robin Williams, student success coordinator in the Division of Business, Communication, and the Environment; and David Raco, operating systems/network analyst 2 (systems administrator) in Information Technology.
Recipients of the top award for our university’s classified and unclassified staff each receive a $750 honorarium and glass trophy. The winners’ names are also added to a perpetual plaque in the first-floor hallway of Churchill Hall.
“I thank the members of our campus selection committee for carrying out the unenviable task of paring down this year’s list of deserving nominees to just two recipients – and I commend their choices,” President Schott said in her announcement. “It is an honor just to be nominated for this award, and I would like to recognize each of the other 18 employees whose names were submitted by their peers:”
- Max Brooks, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs – Office of Career Connections – career prep coordinator
- Anita Caster, Academic Affairs – Education, Health and Leadership – Education – graduate administrative services coordinator
- Anna D’Amato, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs – Student Health and Wellness Center – director
- Edward Derr, Academic Affairs – Humanities and Culture – student success coordinator
- Miaya Dombroski, Academic Affairs – Education, Health and Leadership – Education – placement coordinator
- Helen Eckard, Academic Affairs – Oregon Center for the Arts – Theatre Arts – administrative program assistant
- Cindy Garboden, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs – Student Health and Wellness Center – registered nurse 2
- Brady Hogan, Finance and Administration – Information Technology – information technology consultant 3 (computing coordinator)
- Kristy Johnson, Athletics – head athletic trainer
- Terry Knowles, Academic Affairs – Social Sciences – office specialist 2 (division assistant)
- Stephen Lanning, Finance and Administration – Information Technology – operating systems/network analyst 2 (systems administrator)
- Josh Lovern, Finance and Administration – Budget and Planning – director
- Lizzie Parkhurst, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs – Disability Resources – information technology consultant 2 (alternative format media and assistive technology specialist)
- Josh Rolphing, Athletics – head volleyball coach/assistant athletic director for compliance
- KC Sam, Academic Affairs – Education, Health, and Leadership – distance learning transfer specialist
- Jill Smedstad, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs – Student Life – equity coordinator for sustainability and basic needs resourcing
- Ulrich Somerauer, Finance and Administration – Information Technology – operating systems/network analyst 2 (lab and student computing coordinator)
- Miranda Stiles, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs – Admissions – senior admissions counselor
Williams and Raco will be featured on the employee recognition webpage as this year’s winners of the Outstanding Staff Awards, and also will be honored during SOU’s end-of-year Virtual Recognition Ceremony. That event will be held remotely and via livestream (sou.edu/video) from 12:30 to about 1:45 p.m. on Wednesday, June 9.
Visit the Human Resources Employee Recognition – Outstanding Staff Award website for more information about the award program or to see past years’ award recipients and nominees.